History

Munz-Pirnstill Funeral Home was originally established as a business in 1876 by Carl P. Munz as Munz Furniture and Undertaking. Following the death of Carl Munz the business was taken over by his son Frank who in 1930 built the current funeral home at 215 N. Walnut St. Following the death of Frank, his wife Cora and H.K. "Hap" Pirnstill (nephew of Frank and grandson of Carl) continued the business as Munz Funeral Home until Cora's death in 1963. H.K. Pirnstill incorporated the establishment in 1963 as Munz-Pirnstill Funeral Home.

In 1965 the funeral home was remodeled and expanded at the N. Walnut St. location to better serve the community and growing business needs. In 1980 David Pirnstill (grandson of H.K. Pirnstill) joined the firm and is currently the president of the corporation.

Over the last century Munz-Pirnstill Funeral Home has been blessed with dedicated partners and employees. In the 1960's, 70's, and 80's, the dedicated services of Richard Christman, James Beale, Fred Sparks and Greg Northrop continued the established tradition of service which contributed to the success of Munz-Pirnstill today.

Munz Pirnstill funeral services 1930.


Munz Pirnstill funeral services 1930.